Sit outside next to a tabletop fireplace on an Egyptian patio with Matterport digital twins
Whether you’re shopping for items to fill a new space, compelled by gorgeous natural design and materials, or in the market for a fabulous rabbit lawn ornament, the West Town Mockup offers virtual visitors a glimpse into a whole home of potential memories.
That was Mona Hussein’s intention when she started recreating physical locations for virtual visitors. As the CEO and founder of Mona Hussein Design House (MHDH) and Mahally, Mona Hussein is the creative and design force behind MHDH mockups. With the help of Matterport digital twin tools, the West Town Mockup is elevated to visitors all over the world.
Impressed with the way the enjoyable space translated to digital environments, we reached out to Mona Hussein for more information.
Q: What inspired the 3D capture of this space?
We wanted to allow a real visitation experience of the mockup during the coronavirus lockdown for visitors who aren’t able to visit in person.
Q: What are the “must-sees” you want visitors to explore and why?
Here are a few elements we wanted visitors to experience, including:
– The functionality of the different adjacent spaces. For example, the open living area and added extra space in the backyard which can act as a big open space for parties and events.The overlooking office space to the open living area to make it included and yet secluded.
– The maid room smart design solution and containment of racks and laundry without affecting the user’s experience.
– The luxurious yet relaxing master suite.
– The backyard with its BBQ area and fire pit seating where all family members and friends can gather comfortably.
– The welcoming warm front yard and the home garden area.
– The harmony of the natural materials and the earthy color palette selection along with the comfort of the relaxed lighting selections that emphasize the cozy, warm, and relaxed feeling.
Q: What’s the one thing you want visitors to take away after exploring your 3D Mock-up tour?
Users should walk away with the feel and experience of the WESTOWN mock-up. In particular, the relaxing and warm atmosphere of the bedrooms, and the livable, comfortable open living area. We want the virtual twin to carry the physical space’s inviting environment that the natural homogenous materials, wood, marble, and the earthy color palette create in the space. It’s a family home and we want visitors to feel a complete life cycle in the mockup, imagining the space from childhood to adulthood to old age.
Q: What are the benefits of your Matterport digital twin?
The Matterport digital twin allows quite a large number of people to enjoy the design experience of the villa.
Q: Do you have any plans to capture more 3D experiences?
We’d be very interested, as projects become current and available.
Q: Anything else you would like to add?
We would like to thank NAV3D and Esorus for their technology contributions in this very important and beautiful project.